Archive For The “Today at Deb Ann’s” Category
The Creative Learning Center (aka the Hillsboro classroom) is now open! This has been a long held dream that has finally come to pass! The current class schedule for the first two weeks of October is as follows:
- 1 October Painting – 1:30 to 4:30
- 2 October Community Service Project (gowns and bags) – 10:00 – ?
- 7 October Coil Rope Fabric Basket (Pat Paxton) – 1:00 to 4:00; Cost: $10.00
- 8 October Painting – 5:00
- 9 October Sit and Sew – 10:00 to 3:00
- 11 October Stained Glass Leave Table Runner (Deb Ann) – 1:00 to 4:00
Every Wednesday will be a “sit-n-sew” day for anyone who wants to come in and work on a UFO (unfinished project) or any type project. We are hoping that ladies/gentlemen will use this time to gather for fellowship and sewing away from their normal sewing setting. Classes will be posted two weeks in advance (be sure to check in the newspaper also). As things progress we will make every effort to post a schedule one month in advance.
Please note: If you are interested in giving a class on any creative subject, please us and call and we will work out a date and time for you. There is a small fee for the room which will be assessed at time of scheduling. Classes can be half day, single, multiple days/or spread out over the course of a couple of weeks. The only stipulation in booking the classroom is that the classes must be open to the general public, as this is a community learning facility.
Here are some potential ideas for upcoming classes:
- Beginner sewing classes: From getting to know your machine to how to make a simple quilt block
- Basic quilting musts and vocabulary
- A variety of advanced quilting classes
- How to foundation paper piece
- Free motion quilting
- Block of the month classes
- How to square up blocks and finish a quilt
- Creative quilt borders
- Creative quilt backing (or how to make the back of your quilt “almost” as interesting as the front)
- Specialty seams such as Y-seams, curves, and sewing with small pieces
- Basket making (cloth and reed)
- Jewelry making
- Candle making
- Community service/charity projects (if you have an idea on a community service project, please let us know)
- Coloring/painting on fabric
- Repurposing items from clothes (aprons, jackets, sweat shirts, etc.)
- Crafts of all kinds (wreath making, pillows, flower arrangements, etc.)
- Quick gift ideas
- Card making
This classroom or creative learning center, is an asset to our community and provides us with an amazing opportunity to experience and learn new things or advance your current skill level. We sincerely hope everyone will take advantage of this space. We look forward to working with and meeting all of the creative folks from here and the surrounding areas.
To book the classroom, to register for classes or for more information, please call Deb Ann’s Fabrics at 304 654-4150
Today was a busy day at Deb Ann’s. I worked on custom orders for Diaper Bags . This is fun to see what colors and combinations are put together to welcome the new ones to their new families. Also, working on plans for the Jelly Roll Race quilting day for all you out there who want to come for a fun day of sewing with fellow quilters –Sat. March 12 th, at the Marlinton Lib. 10 am to 3 pm. Bring a lunch. Jelly Rolls on sale at the shop for the Race. They will be at the class too. I hope to see many of you there. Later. Deb Happy Quilting.
Yes- I look forward to Friday too. I love my job but I still like my week-ends, time with friends and family. Short day Saturday 10-2, we will be working on the News Letter, so if you haven’t signed up, please do. More products added to the product list today, check them out. Later, Deb. Happy Quilting.
Today I worked on a quilt top that I took a class last month to learn – Trip around the world- taught by Charlene Beverage. The quilt is a lot easier than it looks and I have enjoyed making it. Only 3 more sides to put the last border on and it will ready for the quilters. Still working on the BOM blocks for future months. Waiting on the most wonderful ladies as they need things for their important projects. Love my job. Deb Happy Quilting
Today was a busy day at Deb Ann’s. I worked on hemming a wedding dress with two layers. We worked on cutting out another months BOM blocks and visited with several interesting customers. Thanks to all who stopped by today. I really like when our customers share there projects. Later – Happy Quilting.